Jeremy L. Dershow
Phone: (312) 801-4337
Jeremy L. Dershow, a Partner at Dershow Law Group, was born and raised in the Detroit suburbs. Jeremy started playing sports at an early age. This participation in sports has taught him discipline, team work, and perseverance. Jeremy attended college at Michigan State University. During undergrad, Jeremy was involved in student government where he advocated for professor evaluations to be made public. After college, Jeremy moved to Chicago where he attended Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Professionally, Jeremy has successfully focused his career on zealously representing defendants in construction litigation (defect and injury), premises liability, negligence, tort claims, transportation accidents, consumer fraud, and breach of contract. Jeremy has represented clients insured by major national insurance carriers across the country, including those located in Illinois, Iowa, Arizona, New York, and Georgia. Further, Jeremy has represented some of the largest construction companies in Illinois, numerous subcontractors, and property owners.
Jeremy has also been highly successful in winning dispositive motions, including obtaining numerous summary judgment awards in favor of his clients over the past several years. Jeremy has tried several cases to jury verdict, obtaining positive results for his clients. Overall, Jeremy has participated in over 300 combined Mediations, Arbitrations, Jury Trials, and Settlement Conferences. Jeremy has been a member of the Trial Bar for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois since 2011. Jeremy has also represented the subrogation interests of insurance companies by successfully obtaining recoveries for his clients.
Jeremy is well respected by lawyers and judges across the State of Illinois. In fact, Jeremy has been elected as a Rising Star Attorney for the past two years. Jeremy was recently selected as a 2016 Emerging Lawyer. In his free time, Jeremy enjoys the outdoors, watching and playing sports, including tennis, working out, traveling, and playing fantasy sports. Jeremy is also a contributing writer for a fantasy sports website, offering his opinions and analysis on fantasy football players.
- The Supreme Court of Illinois – 2002
- Federal District Court, Northern District of Illinois – 2002
- Trial Bar for the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois – 2011
Honors and Awards
- 2017 Emerging Lawyer
- 2016 Rising Star (SuperLawyers Magazine)
- 2015 Rising Star (SuperLawyers Magazine)
- Illinois State Bar Association – 2002 – present
- CLM Alliance Member – 2017 to present
- Chicago Bar Association – 2002-2013
- Defense Research Institute – 2009-2012
- Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee – 2007
- Board of Directors – United Cerebral Palsy of Chicago – 2003-2007
- Juris Doctor: Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago Kent College of Law
- Bachelor of Arts: Michigan State University, Major: Political Science-Pre-Law